Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Music Videos..MTV..and...Madonna?

Are you surprised that Madonna was mentioned along with MTV and Music Videos..well if not then we are on the same page. While reading the longest essay/blog whatever it is ever I realized that there is a lot more to Music Videos than I originally thought. The fact that Madonna was mentioned doesn't surprise me along with countless other artists such as Bon Jovi, Guns N' Roses, and others than I knew the song but not the artist. Anyways the article was somewhat boring yet still interesting due to the multiple facts that I had no clue about before. I learned that videos are typically either of these forms: performance, narrative, and conceptual. The author explains this theory by showing how in the six different music videos how each one uses one of the three forms. Each artist represents a different genere of music from rap and hip/hop to rock and pop. These generes fall into 3 different models and they are: the Social Values Model, the Jungian Psychological Model, and the Ideological Models of Criticitism. I mentions how music videos not only helped the sell of records early on, but have now become its own section of the music industry. The music video crave was fueled by the MTV generation which I slightly missed...unfortunatlly. As the essay/blog continues and finishes out, it gets better and explains how each music video mentioned has a meaning to it that runs deeper than it title. Overall it was interesting, but thats it..nothing I would read on my free time....ok so to end on a good note..it was amazing...(cough..cough)..not

No comments:

Post a Comment