Monday, June 29, 2009

A Musical Experience


Growing up in rural America as a young boy I wasn't exposed to multiple music types of the time other than country. I unfortunately wasn't a huge fan of country music so it was difficult to relate to this honkey tonk. I never really got in touch with music until I was a teenager and it was then that I fell in love with rock/emo/punk type of music. I had a lot of family issues with parents and never getting along during Jr. High and High School, so these types of music helped me to cope with my problems. The artists that perform this type of music had a lot of the same problems I had and wrote about it for others to relate. Many bands including limp bizkit, blink 182, Green Day, Creed, and many more. Theses bands had many songs that I felt so related with and some that were good stress relievers. I still to this day listen to many of these songs and artists not only because of there closeness to me, but because of their talent to write songs that others can relate to. I do believe that today many artists forget about writing something from the heart, but more less something that will make big on the top 40 list and make millions. I have never seen any of these artists in concert, but I would love to one day. Until then...back to the i pod

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I grew up in a really really rural area also so I had the a similar experience with this.

    ReplyDelete