Monday, January 26, 2009

Thoughts on the Assigned Memiors

So pretty much I read both and I wasn't a fan of either...I just didn't connect with either, but I have written what I got from them and how I felt about them.


Ok..so The memoir "Mike Jager Wants Me" is about a teenage girl that has this weird, but typical obsession with a rockstar....this is not much of a shocker for many simply, because anyone would love to have some type of relationship with a famous person..right?? Me personally felt that yes..dating a famouse actress would be sweet..but dang..this girl takes having a crush on someone to a whole new level. The girl basicly stalks the guy with her friend and waits on street corners and entrances just to get to see him. She constently talks about the things she likes about him and everything..I was totally appalled by the memior..as true and as real is this is today I think the memior was played up a little more than what could have happened. I thought it was a good story and gave plenty of details to make you think you were right there with her..but I would have to say I personally think it would be something a girl would enjoy more than a guy..even though a guy could relate, but would have to totally turn it around to where a girl wouldn't like it as much...so pretty much I think it was a good story, but not for me.

On the other hand I enjoyed "Us and Them" even though I thought the memior was a little weird. The story is about a young girl trying to figure out this family...the Tomkeys...the story makes out that the Tomkeys don't have a TV as it is weird..as a view from the young girl..I simply shows how closed minded the girl is. I don't know if the family didn't have one because of some religion or money issues..either way it doesn't matter. I just feel that the story was good, but had a weird way of expressing the moral of the story that life isn't easy and that one should treat others equally as they would like to be treated..but isn't leared at first but later in life through choices made.

No comments:

Post a Comment