Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Little town I am from

The town I am from is nestled in the middle of no where...seriously everything is at least thirty to forty five minutes away. Most people are good ole country people who usually hunt fish and gossip. Lafayette, TN ,where I am from, is all about sports and mainly football. There is always a homecoming parade for the team and every game is packed with hard corr fans. The team hasn't really had a good season in years and when they did it was years before that. The Town has two sides to it , one is on Hwy 52 which is where Wal-Mart is...and yes it is mainly the center of the town. Recently we have gotten some fast food places other than Hardees and Mc Donald's. When Krystal's came in..it was the largest grand opening that the town has ever seen. Cars were lined up for more than a 100yds in the road ..just to get a burger..like they had never been there before.
The other side of town is more of the older side of town and has more mom and pop type business. Most people have nothing better to do on Friday nights than to ride around town and honk at each other and circle sonic a hundred times and waste hundreds of dollars in gas. This unfortunately I am very guilty of tho. because it is actually fun until you realize you have to refill. This town is a great place to live and I haven't appreciated it until I left. I would like to move off to a larger city, but this town will always make me want to come back even tho I hated it in High School. So, if you ever wanna swing by somewhere on the scenic route then just go through Lafayette Tennessee ...it won't take long..Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment